10 September 2011

Sleepy Boy

Earlier this week, I had been playing with the kids downstairs when I realized that lunch time was upon us, so I went up to the kitchen and made some grilled cheese sandwiches.  While I was in the kitchen, I could hear the kids continue to play and then for a while Luke started making some slightly whining noises.  By nature, Luke is pretty laid back, meaning that he doesn't get worked up unless there's a reason - so, I just figured that he was, indeed, hungry and ready for lunch.  As I finished preparing lunch, I realized that Luke had stopped making the whining noises.  As I rounded the corner of the hall to go downstairs, I saw Luke kneeling on the stairway, with his head resting on his folded arms, leaning on the step above.  I was confused for approximately 2.5 seconds - the time it took me to pick up on the very slight, very quiet snoring noise coming from my sleepy boy!

And it was another 2.5 seconds to know that I just had to take a few pictures!




Can you imagine being so tired that you fell asleep, mid-stair?



Apparently, the whining was only a little bit about being hungry and more about being kinda sleepy.



Sleepy enough that he couldn't move himself to a more comfortable spot - and gave in to the weighty pull of slumber, right in the middle of the stairway.



The best part about it was the snoring!


2 comments:

Kjrstin said...

I love it! Glad you got pictures. So fun!

Becky Rose said...

Wow- way cute! My mom had that rug in the old house in the hallway. she doesn't quite know what to do with it now.