16 October 2009

My Handsome Boy

This is Lucas. Or Luke. Remember him?



It's been awhile since I've posted any pictures of him. He's grown quite a bit in the last month. In this picture he's in his "Sunday Best" for his blessing last Sunday. He's so handsome!

And pleasant too. He smiles easier than any other infant I've ever seen. He has such a sweet disposition and I feel very lucky to be his mom.



The blessing was really nice. I love the reverence with which Adam approaches blessings and other ordinances. He is a great man and a wonderful example - I'm so glad that Audrey and Luke will always have him to look to. He's a great dad. It was also really nice to see some family that live close enough to make it - we see them occasionally but not really frequently, so it was great to spend some time with a few siblings, in-laws, nieces and nephews, and cousins. And we were able to talk one of them into taking a quick family picture to remember the day:



It was such a wonderful day!

One of my favorite things about the day was watching Audrey play with her cousins. She doesn't have many playmates besides mom and dad, so whenever we have visitors she gets really excited and just has a ton of fun playing. At one point I was feeding Luke and I could hear her playing with two of her cousins, McKayla and Talea, in the other room. The sweetest sound in the world has to be the laughter of little children. I couldn't help but smile and laugh quietly to myself at all of their unabashed joy. Here they are smiling for the camera:



And here's sweet Talea giving Audrey a kiss on the cheek... and Audrey letting her...



They are so precious together!

No comments: