28 October 2009

Jack-O-Lantern Fun

I just wanted to share a few pictures of our Halloween jack-o-lanterns! We started carving them with Audrey on Sunday night. She thought it was pretty fun to play with the goopy, slimy insides and we thought it was fun to play hide the knives from the toddler. We had a lot of fun this year carving our pumpkins. I had bought two large ones and two small ones - thinking we'd each carve one large and one small. I asked Adam what kind of faces he wanted to make - and he said he would make one silly/happy and the other one would be "normal". So I decided that one of mine would have to be scary. It is Halloween after all!

So this is what we came up with:

My large, scary pumpkin:



See, it's got fangs. I wouldn't be surprised if you had nightmares tonight.


Adam's large, silly/happy pumpkin:



And yes, that's supposed to be a pumpkin pipe/cigar in it's mouth... turns out his was scary too since his will have lung cancer. Oh well.


Adam's small, "normal" pumpkin:



Not sure what makes this one "normal" - maybe "classic" or "old school" would be a better description since it's got the triangle eyes and square front teeth.


And my small, happy pumpkin:




And this is what the whole gang looks like on our front porch:



Right after I snapped these pictures, Audrey came to see what I was doing.



She loves the pumpkins. She likes to go out on the porch and look at them. And take their "hats" off. She also likes to smell them. Not sure what that's about, but it's pretty cute.

It's also pretty cute how she likes to avoid looking into the camera at all costs. It's a little game she likes to play.



Definitely one of her favorite pastimes.



Audrey is looking forward to Halloween. The excitement definitely bumped up a few hundred notches after we found her costume a couple of days ago. She loves it. And I think you will too...

coming soon....

No comments: