22 September 2009

The First

... but it definitely won't be the last... unless Audrey grows up to be one of those slightly awkward hippy ladies with hair down to her ankles... which I don't think she will. She may grow up to be cool with a hip, bohemian flair - but she will never be one of those awkward hippies. I hope.

Tonight, after her bath, I decided that I should give Audrey her first hair cut. It was really just a trim off the ends, but still. Being a first time mom - I am experiencing all of the firsts with Audrey. And this was her very first hair cut of any kind. And it felt kind of monumental. So I thought I'd share it with you.

The before:



And the after:





There's really not too much of a difference - I only trimmed off about an inch in the back so the hair growing on the top of her head can catch up to the hair closer to her neck. There aren't as many thin wispy pieces now.

All of a sudden I am feeling a little sad about those wispy pieces - my baby's growing up.

1 comment:

Marc and Megan said...

I think I might just have to shed a tear along with you. So sad. :( On the other hand, you did a really good job!