28 February 2011

A New 'Do

A few nights ago, I was playing with Audrey and Luke, as usual.

Adam was at his evening class. It was about a half hour before bath time. I noticed that Luke's hair was lookin' a little shaggy.

I figured "about a half hour" was just enough time to fit in a bit of a trim for my little man. In preparation for the cut, I ran my fingers through his hair to get it wet and pulled away from his scalp.


We were definitely surfin' the same wavelength because while I went to grab my camera to get the "Before" shot, he'd begun to rummage through the cupboard where all of the hair styling products are kept- apparently looking for some sort of styling solution:


("Maybe I can do something with this mousse to tame my mane...")


Then, as I was taking a second picture, he made his true feelings perfectly clear.



"Hurry! Grab the clippers and the scissors! This shaggy hair makes me want to puke!"




After about a half hour of toddler-wrangling and kamikaze-style hair-cutting techniques, we had finished. With a more-or-less even hair cut. We made it through. Luke was only slightly traumatized - nothing his testosterone-infused (read: football-shaped) binky wouldn't soothe.




After a warm bath filled with bubbles and fun with his sister, Luke was feeling like a new man. It was the opposite of Samson - like a trim of his hair gave him strength, and he was ready to show off a little. He walked over to his crib, stood with one foot on the lower beam and waited...



"Are you ready to see what I can do?"



Then he hoisted himself up onto the bars of the crib, using the strength of his arms and legs and held himself in that position for a few seconds...




"Look at me! Impressive, no?"


Then he slowly, exercising much control in his movements, lowered himself back down to standing. And the look on his face was full of pride. It was too cute not to capture!



"Did you see that, mom? Pretty good, right?! You wanna see it again?!"



He was having so much fun that Audrey requested to have her own hair cut. My motherly intuition told me that nothing too drastic would be best. We decided that just a simple change would suffice and we cut bangs.




She loves them. I think they look darling.

I just can't decide if they make her look older or younger.

What do you think?

No comments: