27 February 2011

A Bit of a (Blog) Slacker





I was on a roll for about a quarter of the month. (Which, lets just be real, here, is a week... not so impressive, I know.) But for that week, I was doing pretty well... for me.

Then I lost the momentum, and I have failed to tell you what we've been doing lately.


For example:


I did not tell you about how Audrey and I went to Smithfield last Saturday.

Or how Audrey and Lucas have been taking turns not feeling so well.

Or how Adam has aced all of the midterms he's had this past week.

Or how I've been crocheting like...

like...


someone...

that...


crochets...


like...


a lot.

(Don't you hate it when you can't think of an analogy that fits?!)


Or how it's been freezing cold outside and how that has made us each do our best impression of an agoraphobe.


All of that is pretty self-explanatory... the only thing that I would be able to expand significantly upon is the girls' trip to Smithfield. So, here we go....

My sister, Dawnette's birthday was on Monday. I knew that I wanted to go and spend the afternoon with her to celebrate. I also knew that Monday wasn't really going to work very well with our schedules, so we decided to go visit her on the Saturday before her birthday. Then, Friday night came and with it, Luke's runny nose and the extra-clingy emotional state that accompanies him when he's not feeling well. We knew it wasn't going to work for all of us to go, but I didn't want to scrap the trip altogether, so we decided that I should still go - and take Audrey with me, since half the fun is letting Audrey and Talea have time to play. That left Adam to stay home and take care of Luke.

I am so glad we went! Audrey was super excited to see Talea! We hung out at Dawnette's, then the four of us (Dawnette, Talea, Audrey and I) got some lunch and ran a quick errand, then we went back to Dawnette's for the remainder of the afternoon. Dawnette and I were able to catch up and talk about what's been going on while Audrey and Talea played together. It was a nice, quiet afternoon with my sister. I am so glad we were able to spend some pre-birthday time together. It was fun.




And it was even more watching Audrey and Talea. They do really well with each other - they have a lot of fun, and it doesn't seem like either one tries to dominate the other. In general, they take turns, and share, and they are really nice to each other. It's so much fun to watch them interact.

They played with Barbies. They had a tea party. They tried to oblige when we wanted to take a few pictures (which can sometimes be confusing if there's more than one camera at a time):





(If we could just combine the two, we'd have a pretty cute picture where both girls are looking at the camera - and smiling - at the same time!)


They played their own special versions of piano duets:





They jumped on Talea's bed:




They just had fun. All afternoon... even though we made them stop the fun to smile for the camera. This one is so darling of Talea:




I love how this one shows her affection for Audrey. So cute!




It wasn't long, though, before more fun began to beckon them...



and they left hand in hand.

No comments: