28 January 2010

Why Blog?

There are a lot of blogs out there. Has anyone else noticed this? Blogs are as varied as the authors that write them. I follow a few. The ones that I read regularly are of friends and family... and I have a few favorite blogs that have baking and cooking themes.



Lately I have been considering why I blog.




I blog because my husband thought it would be a good way to keep in touch with people who live far away... and I agreed... eventually.




I blog so my family and friends can see up-to-date pictures of our family.




I blog because I do not keep any kind of journal and, in a way, the stories and pictures I share here can stand in as a kind of journal.




I blog because I want to remember the cute, quirky, funny, sweet, silly, unique, spunky, and wonderful little things that my kids do... and I want them to know what they were like too.




I blog because, after all of these reasons, I just enjoy it. I like the process of experiencing little moments and then writing about them.




So now you know...


why I blog


(just in case you were wondering)


...and knowing is half the battle! (I couldn't help it - I am a child of the 80s.)

2 comments:

Kristine Adler-Nissen said...

Here is why I check every day to see if there a new entry in your blog:

I read your blog because it gives me an opportunuty to keep in touch with you.

I read your blog because I love watching pictures of your adorable kids.

I read your blog because you are and always have been a great writer! Your blogs make me laugh!

So keep on blogging :-)

Love Kristine

Lindsay said...

I love it. I agree with Kristine. You are a great writer and your kids are super cute.