29 June 2009

Big Girl Bed: the Update

I know many of you have been wondering how Audrey is doing with her Big Girl Bed transition. I am here today to give you the update. And those of you who haven't been lying awake at night wondering if the Christian Clan is lying awake at night are probably just in denial, so this update's for you too.

:)

As with most of the transitions and changes we've gone through with Audrey, she has proven to be just as adept at handling this one. My anxiety and worry made me pretty high-strung that first week. I worried that she was just too little, too young to understand and to grasp what was happening. That first week was a challenge. I took you minute by minute through the first four nights.

Well, night #5 went great. Not a peep - from the time I laid her down to the time I heard light tapping on her door the next morning.

Night #6 was pretty great too - just a small hiccup in the middle of the night when she awoke and started crying. But she went back to bed after I came in and soothed her for a few minutes, and only cried for about 5 minutes before falling asleep for the rest of the night.

Night #7 was just like night #5. And that has become the norm. We have our bedtime routine, I lay her down after singing to her softly and she goes right to sleep until the next morning! Only occasionally waking up in the middle of the night. And she does really well for her daytime nap too - just lets me lay her down and she goes right to sleep - only occasionally crying for a few minutes before falling asleep.

This is what it looks like:



What a beautiful sight!

The moral of this story: Never underestimate my Audrey! She makes my dreams come true!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

That is great news...glad you followed up and continued the story!

Hope you are well!