02 June 2009

Audrey: a photo retrospective

Last Friday I took Audrey to the pediatrician for her 18 month well child check up. 18 months! Time is so strange - in some ways it feels much longer than 18 months and in other ways it seems much, much shorter. But then when I compare an old photo of her, like this one:



(in which she is just about one week old) to a more recent photo of her, like this one:



(which was taken a week or so ago) I realize how big she's gotten. She's walking around in my high heels - only my high heels, she has no interest in any of my other shoes - and she's saying more words and communicating and asserting herself. And it's a beautiful thing. And I feel very lucky to be her mom.

I mean, how could I NOT feel lucky?



I love it when she gives crusties...



and when she appreciates me...



and when she smiles...



especially when she smiles...



are you kidding me?! I also love it when she seems to be posing...



or just waiting for me to put the stinkin' camera down...







either way, I have loved getting to capture my beautiful girl over these last 18 months. And I'm looking forward to many more months and pictures and memories.



And you thought I was just kidding about her walking around in my high heels! It's her favorite thing!



No kidding! And we all feel okay about it... as long as it makes her smile like this:


3 comments:

Familia Fowler said...

Yay! Always willing to look at that cute little face!

Kristine Adler-Nissen said...

Great idea! I hope that we can meet up sometime but till then it is great that I can follow Audrey in your blog! I tried making one for Noah but lately I haven't really written in it - if ou want you can check it out: adler-nissen.blogspot.com It's in Danish so you will have to try to see if you remember some words :,)

Love Kristine

Amy Craig said...

How fun to have a blog! Nate and I are wondering where the time has gone 18 months??? Crazy! Best of luck with baby #2. We are so excited for you guys!!!