30 June 2011

A Different Saturday, A Different Temple

A week after the Saturday that we'd gone to the Provo Temple grounds, we found ourselves visiting the grounds of a different Temple.  A different Saturday, a different Temple - a week apart.  And about four hours away from each other. 
 
Adam and I had been trying to find a good time to travel down to St. George to visit Adam's dad for a few months now.  So, a couple of weeks ago, kind of last minute, we decided to just go.  We really feel it's important to give our kids as many chances to get to know their grandparents (and vice versa) as possible.  
 
It was a great trip.  We were able to spend time with "Gampa Kischun" and play, and then we walked around the Temple grounds too.  (It was at the Temple grounds when I remembered that I'd brought our camera, and that it'd be put to better use outside of it's carrying case!)  So, unfortunately, we don't have any other pictures than these to remember our time in St. George.



(Adam and Audrey strolling on the grass.)


Luke was less interested in walking on the grass and more interested in the pillars that line some of the pathways.  He was loving hiding behind a pillar, waiting for us to say, "Where's Luke?!" and then popping out from behind his hiding place!


Then he'd make his way to another pillar, giggling all the while...
and do it again.




I love how contagious my kids having fun is!




At about this same time, Audrey was noticing that the pink flowers near the grass were the same shade as the shirt that she was wearing.  And she wanted me to take her picture.






So I did.  


Then she said "Mom, you wanna picture wivf me?"  

And I said sure.  



I mean, how do you say no to that?
 
And, even if you knew the how, why would you want to?



Right after I took the photo of Audrey and I, Luke unwittingly stumbled into my arm's reach...

so I did what any other mom would do...

I grabbed him and made him sit down next to his sister so I could take their picture together....

(Apparently, I hadn't gotten over the sting of not getting a decent picture of them the week before and was determined to do better this time around!)



And?  

Well, it's not bad.  Definitely better than the previous week, but I'd love it if only Audrey's smile was facing the camera!  At least they're both smiling, that's something!

Heartened, I forged on, hoping try number two would be golden:  both kids looking at the camera with angelic smiles on their cute little faces.



Yeah.  Not so much.  Apparently someone (or something) of interest was happening just over my right shoulder.

Thwarted again!

Oh well!  The day was no less beautiful and fun.  It was great to have that time together.  Thanks, "Gampa Kischun" for the awesome visit!



1 comment:

Marc and Megan said...

Such great photos on both days at both temples! I wish we lived closer to visit ours more often with the boys. And, of course, I wish we lived closer to visit YOU more often! Love you!