30 June 2011

A Beautiful Saturday

 
A couple of Saturdays ago, we decided to put the beautiful weather to good use and went to spend some time on the grounds of the Provo Temple.  It's so beautiful and peaceful - and secretly, I was hoping that I would also be able to get a few good pictures of the kids together... maybe by the fountain... or in front of the lovely flowers and greenery.

My prospects seemed to be pretty good.  Both of the kids had had good naps and were ready to walk on the paths surrounding the Temple.  Luke even gave us a mini round of applause:



And, Audrey actually asked me to take her picture in front of some flowers:


(I'm not really sure what made her do this pose, I was just excited to have a willing subject... I wasn't about to ruin it by suggesting how she should stand.)

Also, that's not dried ketchup around her mouth - she got into my lipstick earlier in the day and got her hands on one of the dark red ones that stains and it would not come off, no matter what I tried!  She had red splotches on her face for a day and a half!


Meanwhile, Luke was having fun exploring the perimeter of the grounds -




I'm not sure if he was looking for an opening in the fencing or trying to figure out how to climb it!



Or maybe he just wanted to look at the houses that are across the street... since he seemed content enough.



There's something about this picture that makes him seem so old all of a sudden.  He looks more and more like a little boy and less and less like a baby.  (And don't ask me how I feel about that.  I don't know if I would be able to tell you in any way that makes any sense - basically, it covers the whole spectrum of emotions, simultaneously.)



In the interest of fairness, I turned the lens on Adam and me.  So often, we chronicle the growing and development of our kiddos, and we neglect to document ourselves.  (If I had to guess what the ratio of pictures of the kids to pictures of Adam and I, it would probably be something like 500:1.)






We made our way from the back to the front of the Temple.  The kids got really excited when they saw the fountains.  We'd been outside for about 45 minutes and it was a warm day, so we let them enjoy sticking their fingers in the water.  They were so caught up with the water and the beautiful surroundings that neither of them wanted to look at the camera. 





 These were the best (and only) pictures I attempted; since it was so clear it wasn't going to work, I gave up and let them just have fun sans the picture-taking.





I can't blame them.



Too much.


Then, just as we were about to leave, Audrey spotted a smaller water feature.  It's hard to tell from the picture, but water cascades down the tile-like granite that's just adjacent to the larger fountain - and she wanted me to take her picture in front of it.
 




And I was more than happy to oblige. 



No comments: