29 November 2010

She's Just Too Much

Today is Audrey's birthday. I can't believe she's 3! As I type this, her favorite cousin, Talea, is on her way to come and help us celebrate Audrey's special day. It should be a fun day - I'll tell you all about it later.


For now, I wanted to tell you something funny that happened last night.


We were all down stairs playing with the kids, so I thought I'd take advantage of the opportunity to sneak away and quickly mix up and bake Audrey's birthday cake so that it would be ready to frost this morning. As I was beating the batter, my three lovelies could hear the mixer running, so Adam said to Audrey "I wonder what mom's making up there." And without the slightest hesitation she replied, "Birfday cake, Audrey's birfday cake, mom's making it."

Like, Duh. What else would it possibly be when my Birthday is tomorrow?!


(Audrey running toward the playground at a nearby school)


Clearly, she is just too much.


1 comment:

Kristine Adler-Nissen said...

Happy Birthday Audrey! I hope that the cake was good!!!
Kristine