27 October 2010

This Year's Line Up



Last night we carved our pumpkins for Halloween. We had a lot of fun deciding on our designs and even more fun trying to keep the sharp knives out of the hands of Lucas and Audrey.

It's SO much fun playing keep away - from a knife - with a toddler and an almost-toddler. Totally. Not really.



The first jack-o-lantern was one that I did. It was big and round and I decided I'd go the path of silly - it's got a huge smile and is cross-eyed.





The next one was also done by moi. It's a happy one, in fact it's so happy it's laughing. Can you see it - eye's nearly closed with mirth, mouth open in laughter.





Up next was Adam's first pumpkin. His is pretty happy too. Slightly crooked smile, it's got a lot of personality, I think.



A lot of personality, for a pumpkin.



And last, but certainly not least, is Adam's second pumpkin - it's decidedly silly as well. Afterall, it's sticking it's tongue out at you. Cheeky wee bugger.






And here's a shot of the lot of them, side by side, on our porch.





We had a lot of fun picking them out and carving them. Audrey was so excited that she got to participate a little more this year with all of it. We are really looking forward to the big day in just a few days!



In the meantime, Audrey and Lucas have started to enjoy a new after-bath/shower activity...





playing inside Luke's crib together.





It's pretty funny how much fun these two have together. They hold onto the rails while they jump on the mattress, they sit down really fast (like they're on a trampoline), they fall over onto their sides, all the while they laugh like crazy! It's my favorite sound - my two kids cracking each other up like only they can for each other.





I also like it when I can take a picture where both of them are actually looking (and smiling) at the camera at the same time. It doesn't happen very often around here.



More on that later....

1 comment:

Marc and Megan said...

I love your pumpkins! And, I'm amazed that you did FOUR with two little ones to wrestle. I keep thinking we'll get around to doing some ourselves, but we still haven't.

I love the photos of Audrey and Luke laughing in the crib together! I can't wait for moments like that with Ben and Hugh!