17 September 2010

A Nap or a Band Aid

I've got some pretty cute kids. They both bring us a lot of joy and laughter. My daughter's name is Audrey. My son's name is Luke. I think I may have mentioned them before? Maybe?

Just in case your memory is fuzzy... here is a picture that was taken recently.



They are cute. Audrey's actually looking at the camera and Luke is doing his best James Dean impersonation... still.


Apparently, it isn't a phase. Which is ok, I think it looks good on him.




I wanted to share something else that Audrey does, so that I do not forget it. Whenever something is amiss or someone is feeling sad or hurt, Audrey will always tell me what they need. And usually it's one of two things:

A nap or a band aid.




If she sees someone crying or looking sad or dejected she will tell me they need a nap. (Even if that someone is an animated character or a real person in a movie.)



If she sees someone get hurt or fall down (no matter the seriousness of the injury) she will tell me they need a band aid.



Oh, and this also applies to herself as well. When she falls or runs into something, she tells me she needs a band aid. And she'll usually include what kind of band aid (Elmo band aid, Princess band aid, Toy Story band aid, etc.).

She's a cute kid that always knows what will help make someone feel better - she's especially good at knowing exactly what to do to make me smile or laugh




(although, admittedly, it doesn't take much with a kid like this).

1 comment:

Marc and Megan said...

Man, I love that James Dean look! And Audrey pointing her finger at the camera - too dang cute! We really need to skype sometime.