15 May 2010

My Dad




I'm not sure when this picture was taken. I'm guessing that I was probably about four years old. Maybe five. It really doesn't matter when it was taken.

I just love it.

It was obviously my dad's birthday and all of the kids had gathered around in the Living Room of our home to sing Happy Birthday and for dad to blow out the candles on his cake.


I love how close I am sitting to his knee.

I love how my hand is resting on his leg.

I love that I am looking at him instead of the camera.

I love this picture because it seems to illustrate a part of the love and affection that I feel
for my dear father.

I love it because I love him.






This picture was taken last summer - just a couple of weeks before I had Luke - my dad and I decided to take Audrey on a short walk (waddle in my case). I love the calm that exudes from this picture - calm, that's my dad. Calm and gentle.







This picture exudes the excitement and joy that is also very characteristic of my dad. He loves, loves, LOVES his grandkids. He is a wonderful Grandpa.







I am so glad that my kids are so close to their grandparents. Particularly my dad. I'm glad that they will know the gentle love and affection of my dad. He is not a common man. And I feel so blessed to be his daughter and to have such a tender, loving man as my father.


I love you, Dad. Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Jim.