02 April 2010

On the Radio

Music.

It's important to me.


I love it. All kinds, too. I am an equal opportunity music-lover. With very few exceptions, I will listen to it all.


I love Jazz, Rock, Classic Rock, Pop, R&B, Hip Hop, Reggae, Soul, Classical, Folk, Blues, Bluegrass, Country, and even a little Electronica. I feel like I am pretty well-rounded in my music taste. And what's great is that no matter how you are feeling, you can usually find a song to go with it.


There are songs that will heighten what you're feeling (if you like the way you feel), or music can help you feel better (if you don't like how you feel), or it can mirror the way you feel (if you feel like wallowing, there's nothing better than a sad, sad, "Emo" song), or it can motivate you (to stop the wallowing).

It can make you dance to it's beat, sing along to it's lyrics - even within the confines of your car. You know you've seen a few of "those" people here and there rockin' out on the Interstate or waiting at a stoplight (maybe you are even one of "those" people - the one who has been caught mid-head bang or steering wheel tap - who looks sheepishly away when they realize they have an audience).


By the way, that's never happened to me. In fact, it didn't happen yesterday on the way home from the grocery store.



My point is: music is awesome. And even seeing other people enjoy music is it's own high.

With that, I wanted to share a few songs (that I have heard recently on the radio) that have been making me Dance and Drive.


The first one definitely falls under "guilty pleasure" but it has inspired many-a get down in my car. Especially the first minute and a half. I can't help but do the head bob to it. I've tried not to but I cannot not bob my head to this song. I'm actually not a fan of the video but the music is legit... what do you think? I want to know if you do not bob your head - and if you don't, do you have any tips? Because I find that I cannot not bob my head to this song! It might be a problem for which I need to seek help.








The next one is more on the steering wheel tapper spectrum. But infectious nonetheless. (Infectious in a good way.) Again, not really sure about the video, but I like the song....








This one might be a little sugary. It might be a little sentimental. It might be a little cheesy... but then again, maybe I am just a little bit of all of those things too. Maybe. (P.S. You've just got to love the synthesizer!) Oh, and this is a video that I do like... bonus!








And this one, this one, I can hardly describe. It is a few years old, but I heard it the other day on the radio and it qualifies. It's not really a dance-in-your-car song but it is a sing-along-in-your- car song. It makes me teary-eyed (almost) every time I hear it. Dolly Parton's harmonizing makes me want to cry. Classic Country. In a good way. I used to shun all things country. I've since come to my senses and embraced it. Well, some of it.








All this You Tube trolling has made me really want to share this one, even though I haven't heard this one on the radio lately. It doesn't change the fact that I love it. Or that I crank the volume up when it plays. And I really love this video that some creative person put together for it. Perfect!








And, lastly, the title of this post is making it impossible for me to not also include this song: love it, love it, LOVE it!








What music are you listening to? What do you love right now?

2 comments:

Kristine Adler-Nissen said...

Yep, my head was definently bopping!!! Do you have the names of the songs???

I love this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYhrYHmUPn0

Went to his concert last year and it was great. I usually listen to his music when I run - its great!

Love Kristine

Mandi said...

The first one is "Imma Be" by Black Eyed Peas.

The second one is "Uprising" by Muse.

The third one is "Vanilla Twilight" by Owl City.

The fourth one is "When I Get Where I'm Going" by Brad Paisley.

The fifth one is "Breakable" by Ingrid Michaelson.

The last one is "On the Radio" by Regina Spektor.


And I do really like Jason Mraz. I would love to go to one of his concerts sometime. "I'm Yours" was the ring tone for Adam on my cell phone for awhile. Now it's "1234" by Plain White Ts... which, incidentally, is also a cool video!