30 April 2010

Like It Was My Idea

Audrey's newest thing is pretty cute.


And funny.



And a little manipulative.


This is what she does: First of all, she talks nonstop. She jibber jabbers ALL THE TIME (which I love, actually) – some of it makes sense, some of it does not. So, during this constant stream of words, if she stumbles on something that she wants she will just repeat it until I acknowledge her and clarify with her that that is what she wants.


A typical example:

Audrey: Pincess. Sing Songs. Cop, Cop Tee. Pitty. Pince. No Yucas! Audgie's Doll. Juice. Juice. Juice. Juice. JUICE. JUICE!

Me: Audrey, do you want some juice?

Audrey: Yeah, Ok.



Yeah, Ok. This is her response.


Like it was my idea to get her some juice.


Like I randomly brought it up and asked her if she'd like some juice and she just then decided that, yes, juice sounds good.


It's funny.


It makes me smile. And laugh. And fall more in love with my cute little girl.



(Who, Me?)


Here's another example:

Audrey: B Bug. A Audrey. M Mouse. Side. Side. Pahk. Side. Pahk. Pahk. SIDE. PAHK! SIDE!

Me: Audrey, do you want to go to the park and go down the slide?

Audrey: Yeah, Ok.



So that's what we do. Because slides are fun.





And parks are fun.





And Audrey is fun.













And it's fun to see her smile and laugh and run around and be a kid.




2 comments:

Marc and Megan said...

That is hilarious! "Yeah, ok." I can totally hear her saying it, too. Cute! I hope she says it while you're here (in just a few weeks!) And, I love the photos you've posted, with the sun setting in the background... beautiful!

Dawnie said...

Audrey is such a hoot. What a cutie pie and a smartie pants. Talea and I send kisses