10 December 2009

It's Just the Way He's Built



Luke is so different from Audrey. It's hard to believe that even though I'm doing everything the same, they are opposites. Luke continues to grow and develop at an astonishing rate - and it's not as if he is eating more or more often than Audrey did at the same age.

It's just the way he is built. And I love it.




I am glad that he is healthy... and that I don't have to wonder of worry that he's not eating enough!

Here's another indication of his rapid growth: Luke now wears the SAME SIZE DIAPER as Audrey! Can you believe that? I think it's crazy! My just-turned-two year old is wearing the same size diaper as my four and a half month old!




Audrey still has about six pounds on him - those six pounds are probably mostly in her legs - you can see she is significantly longer than he is. What will be interesting to see is which one will grow out of this size diaper first. Based on his history, I'm betting it'll be Luke!




I can already tell from the look in his eye - "Hey, mom, are you sure she can handle me sitting on her lap?! I don't want to squish her!" And I think Audrey's probably thinking in the same thing, but she puts on a brave face and doesn't say anything. But I know what she's thinking: "Just hurry and take the picture! Seriously, mom! My legs are going numb!"


Aside from how big he is getting, Luke is also working on his motor skills - here he is getting ready to roll over from his belly to his back.




He did it the first time a few weeks ago and he's only improving. I love watching him figure things out and develop.

He's even getting better at sitting up - he still needs a little support from us,




but I think someday really soon he'll be able to do it all by himself. He can support himself for a few seconds at a time but he's still working on improving his balance - he's still pretty top-heavy. (You would be too if your cheeks made up about 40% of your total body weight!)

Oh, but I wouldn't trade those cheeks for anything!




They are incredible!

Luke is also built with an innate love for his sister. I wish I could adequately describe the way he looks at her. It's like awe and admiration and just pure joy that fills his eyes whenever she's around. And the huge smile that accompanies these looks is just as indescribable. I can tell they really love each other already - and that is awesome to witness.




I just hope it stays that way even after Luke is able to crawl and get into Audrey's stuff.

2 comments:

GlassBeach92 said...

Lucas and Audrey are sooooooooooooo cute. i love the pics, especially the sleeping one. can't wait to kiss those chubby cheeks at grandma's. talea still brings up Audrey everyday and asks if Audrey is coming. the answer from her is always, "Soon."' Soon, we'll see you soon, can't wait.

Marc and Megan said...

I am so excited to love on those cheeks of his... in less than two weeks!! Your photos are priceless, especially the one with Luke sitting on Audrey (that's more what it looks like than Audrey holding Luke!). They're both so darn cute!!