09 February 2012

The Bread Bandit Strikes Again!


If you are a regular and avid reader of our quaint little blog (and, really, who isn't?!), you may remember a post from a couple of weeks ago wherein I told of how Luke quietly and quite slyly helped himself to a loaf of bread that had been sitting on the counter top to cool.


My little bread bandit struck again... last night.

But this time it wasn't yummy, hearty wheat bread.  

It was fresh, scrumptious banana bread. 



I took it out of the oven and put it on the rack to cool, then went back downstairs where the kiddos were playing.  Audrey asked if I would play (Barbie) dolls with her, so we did.  Just a few minutes later, Luke ventured upstairs.  Sometimes he goes on little lone trips up to the kitchen to play with the alphabet letters on the fridge, or to grab a few kitchen utensils to play with, or just to check things out.  Usually he's not gone for long and comes back to join whatever fun there is to be had with the rest of us.

I really didn't think anything of his disappearance - because, like I said, these one man exploration trips are a pretty regular occurrence - and my doll, Stephanie, and Audrey's doll, Nikki, were busy baking chocolate chip cookies before going to a ball, so clearly we had some big plans to occupy our minds!

Well, a few more minutes passed, and then Luke came back downstairs to play with us.

It wasn't until about 10 minutes later, when I wanted to get a drink of water, that I discovered the cute little pinch marks that formed one long row on one of the loaves of banana bread!  The loaf that was closest to the edge of the counter - which just happens to be right within my little boy's reach.



I'm just glad that he focused his attention on just one of the loaves - since I had plans to give the other two away!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Love it! Luke sounds like my kind of guy.