25 January 2012

Such a Hypocrite!


It's time for a bit of a confession.

Everyday, when I log onto the Internet I have a very predictable pattern of what I do and where I go.  First, I check my email.  Then I come to our blog and check our blog list of blogs I like to visit to see if there are any new posts.  After I do that, I usually head over to a couple of news sites and read up on any big stories that might interest me.  Sometimes I'll head over to Pinterest and see what's up there.  Sometimes I'll go to YouTube and look up some favorite videos or music videos there.  And that's pretty much it.

Now, I realize there's nothing scandalous about that.  Not scandalous enough to qualify as a confession, at least.  What qualifies this as a bit of a confession is that whenever I visit blogs that I like to frequent and find that there is nothing new posted I get bugged.  It's true.  I totally get bothered that the author of the blog hasn't posted anything... and most of the blogs that I go to are very regular posters, like they make a living as bloggers, which usually means at least one post per day, sometimes more.

It doesn't take a genius for anyone to guess why I am calling myself out as a hypocrite.  Just take a look to the right and see my track record for how often I actually get around to posting!  So, I figure I can no longer get bugged at the authors of my favorite blogs for their lack of new/frequent posts when it's been almost a month since my last post!

Along these lines, I just realized I haven't even posted anything about our Christmas.  We had a great time.  It was a wonderful holiday and so much fun to watch the kiddos get so excited by the lights, the treats and the festive music.  The official beginning of the season started for us with a day trip to Dawnette's house.  Audrey really wanted some play time with Talea and they had a blast together... even tolerating Luke being a bit of a tag along.

Here they are in front of the tree.


I'm so glad that Audrey and Talea are such good friends.  I hope they'll always be close!


Christmas Eve was a wonderful night.  We read "The Night Before Christmas", followed by the Christmas story as found in Luke 2.  We sang a couple of Christmas songs and then we opened one gift.  One of my favorite traditions growing up was the one gift we were allowed to open on Christmas Eve.  It was always homemade pajamas from my Grandma.  We'd open our new snuggly pjs and then change right into them to sleep in that night.  I thought it was so neat.  And we've continued that tradition!  (Although, I do not make the pajamas - I'm afraid I'm not exactly gifted in the sewing department... maybe someday....)  Anyway, this year Audrey got a Mulan Nightgown for her Christmas Eve pajammies.


And Luke got Spiderman pjs for his.





We were all in hysterics because Luke seemed to receive some inspiration as we helped him into his new pjs. I think he might have thought that with the outfit came added climbing prowess because all of a sudden he was climbing everywhere on the arms of the couch, on the ottoman and then he tried his hand at scaling the bookshelves.



It was pretty funny.  Audrey was cute because I think she really felt like a princess and wanted her picture taken over and over again.


And, in the meantime, Luke was still trying to figure out how to successfully deploy his spidey-web to aid in his climb to the top of the bookshelf!


Christmas Eve was a ton of fun... 

A bit about our Christmas Day later....

1 comment:

Marc and Megan said...

YAY! I was so glad to see you posted! It looks like we share the same hypocrisy. Maybe you'll help get me back on the wagon, too. It was so fun to see the photos... remind me not to buy Spiderman pjs for my boys, though! :)