26 July 2009

Lucas Collins Christian



This is him. Lucas Collins Christian. The newest addition to our wee clan. This picture was taken this morning - he's starting to check things out a little more, taking a few more peeks between all of the naps and meals. As with most newborns, he spends most of his time sleeping:







I can't blame him. I love naps too!



Everything with his delivery went well. We had a scheduled C Section - since Audrey came that way, that's what the doctors recommended - on Tuesday, July 21. The only hitch was the initial administration of the spinal didn't work, so I had to have an additional dose - but it all worked out after that. I even got to watch this time. They set up an angled mirror so I could see what was happening while it was happening. It was nice to feel more connected to the process. It was pretty amazing. And so is Lucas.



Or Luke. Whichever. We like Lucas. We like Luke. We hope he does too!

2 comments:

Marc and Megan said...

I love all the new photos! I think he has no idea how much he is going to love everything from his name to his family. He's so sweet, Mandi. Can't wait to meet him, officially.

Familia Fowler said...

Very sweet, I love those pursed lips!