16 July 2009

Just a Glimpse

Life is full of lessons. Love. Loss. Loneliness. Grief. Perseverance. Faith.

On this day last year, I was blessed to witness the birth of two of my nieces - twin girls. They came much too soon, though, and could not stay. Even though they were only permitted to stay a short time, I will never forget the feelings and impressions I had in that hospital room. I felt their sweet spirits. I felt their strength and their love. I felt the love of their parents and the ineffable and immeasurable amount of courage it took to hold and love their girls for the brief time they were allowed. I have since been awed and amazed by the faith that has been required to get through some really tough days since their passing.

I really have no words to describe all of the feelings in my heart today. But I wanted to do something for my sweet, angel nieces. I love them. I look forward to the day when I will get to wrap my arms around them and get to know them and be their favorite aunt.

I stumbled upon a song that seemed to have some of the feelings I am feeling today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doaHIOXIhH0


I love you, Megan and Marc, Elliana and Emmaline! You are always in my thoughts and prayers. And that's especially true today.

1 comment:

Allred Mom said...

Mandy,
A very sweet post.
Coming from a family of girls, I know that sisters can help make all the difference in the world.
Megan is so lucky to have you!

The you tube song was perfect, too.
Rachel Allred