13 July 2012

Seriously the Coolest Thing I've Seen in a Long, Long Time

Many people in the music world are falling all over themselves for a song by the Australian artist, Gotye.

I first heard the song on the radio while I was driving around doing some errands a couple of months ago.  I didn't know who it was by at the time, just that it was pretty cool.  If you're not familiar with it, here's the video:

  



Fast forward to about a week later when I was watching American Idol with Adam after the kids had gone to bed for the night:  a couple of (my favorite) contestants did a duet of the same song and I finally found out the name of the original artist was.  Here's their performance:




In some future post, I should tell you how much I love Phillip Phillips... maybe.  I'm so glad he won - a true, authentic, unique artist and musician wins over the more polished pop-y performers.  Awesome!


Anyway, back to Gotye and his incredible song... and the subject/source of the title of this post.

This morning I saw this video of the same Gotye song covered by an Indie band,
Walk off the Earth.  

It is seriously the coolest thing that I've seen in a long, long time.
The band members use one guitar to recreate the song.  It's fabulous.  Take a gander:




Isn't that simply incredible?!  Take a look at some of their other videos and songs, I dare you.  You will not be disappointed, I promise!




1 comment:

Becky Rose said...

I watched all 3 and shared the last on FB!