10 October 2011

Good (Great-Taste-in-Music) Genes


A quick story from a few weeks ago.  Adam, Audrey, Luke, and I were out and about, running some errands.  We had gone to a few different places, and before we knew it, dinnertime was upon us.  We had to do a quick Costco run, so as we drove that way I called in for a pizza order, so we could just pick that up with the few other things on the list.  The kids were a little tired, so I just decided to run in on my own, while Adam did a few laps around the parking lot.  I guess, when I got out of the car, the kids started to whine a bit.  Adam was doing his best to drive and try to calm the frazzled nerves.  He began to radio surf.  Audrey quieted and was doing fine - with the soothing aid of her thumb.  Luke's mood was only deteriorating.

And then, Adam changed frequencies again.  And this song came on:




Luke's reaction was instantaneous.  As he heard the opening bars, his whiney-cry turned into a
Butthead-esque breathy chuckle.


Apparently, the kid already has fantastic taste in music.  Just like his mom (if I do say so myself).


I was really sorry that I missed that particular instance.  But, I did enjoy hearing about it when I got back to the car.




(Why are you surprised?  What else were you expecting?)








No comments: