31 August 2010

Two More Things...

I must've been slightly scatter-brained while I was writing my last post because I forgot to note two of my very favorite things that Luke does. Please forgive the oversight.


The first are quirks totally unique to Luke. I've never seen another baby do this and I think it's so funny. Whenever we are on grass he seems to dislike the feel of it on his legs - so if he's wearing shorts he will hold one of his legs in the air to keep it from being in contact with the grass. And it's usually the right leg. I don't know what it is but it's so funny.






Not surprisingly, he also doesn't like to crawl on grass either. He used to try to scoot along crawling on one knee while the other leg would only touch the grass with his foot - it's this strange hop along movement that's so funny to watch. He's gotten a little older and more coordinated, so these days he does what looks like a Mowgli crawl. You know, Mowgli, from The Jungle Book? He crawls on his hands and feet. With his bum high in the air.





It's cute too. Don't you think?



As cute as those two (related) things are, this next one is my most favorite thing that he does. And I can't believe that I didn't think to include it. When I nurse Luke, he likes to reach up and run his fingers through my hair. It is so special and tender and lovely. I love the special bonding time of nursing. I will miss it. But I'll never forget it.

1 comment:

Kjrstin said...

Sage is a hands and feet crawler, too. She does it most of the time, grass or not. Makes for funny noises and quite the bum moves when she's sprinting.

So cute!