18 February 2010

Baby

I think Audrey is cute.




Have I ever shared that opinion?



No?



Oh, well, I think Audrey is cute. Really cute. And not just because she's mine. I think her cuteness is entirely independent of any bias I might have as her mother. (Spoken like a true mother, right? :) Anyway...) As she gets older, more and more of her personality is coming out and she's so much fun. Especially now that she is talking so much. She's our little magpie – she is constantly chattering. And she loves to repeat everything she hears. And it's been fun to see how quickly she learns new words and expressions. My favorite new expression?




“Hi Baby!”



Now, I'm not entirely sure when she learned it the very first time, but she started saying it frequently - very frequently - when we were visiting Ukiah in December-January. And she mostly said it to my sister's cats.


Neither one is named Baby, by the way. Their names are Einstein and Watson, respectively. I didn't take any pictures of them this last trip, but here they are from a few trips ago.


This is Watson. He's a handsome cat.




And very soft. He's got the softest, most silky cat coat I've ever felt.


This is Einstein - with Audrey. It's pictures like this that make me aware of just how much she's grown. She was about eight months old here. This was the first trip where Audrey met Einstein and Watson. It was love at first sight. For Audrey.






On this most recent trip, any time one of the cats would come by her or even if Audrey would spot one of them from a distance she would exclaim, “Einstein! Hi Baby!” It was so cute. It's even cuter to actually hear it though. She loves Einstein and Watson. She had so much fun living in a house where there were cats – even if they did their best to avoid Audrey as much as possible. Most of the time they tried to hide from her – triggering Audrey to yell their names at the top of her lungs – like all the yelling was going to entice them to come near. It was cute seeing her with them. And even cuter to hear her call them Baby. I miss that.

1 comment:

Marc and Megan said...

It really is the cutest thing ever!You have no idea how much I miss it too! And, as much as the cats seemed to avoid her, they clearly miss her.